Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beach Huts

I invariably take a photo of the beach huts at Mudeford each time I visit. They are so picturesque. Like gaily coloured party bunting lining the coast. Mudeford Spit is a sandbank bordered on one side by Christchurch Bay and the Solent, and on the other side by Christchurch Harbour. There are about 300 beach huts situated on the sandbank. My daughter would like me to buy one. She can't imagine they would cost very much!! These are not your average beach huts, spacious, with sleeping areas and all tastefully decorated. I plan to go down with my watercolours on a sunny day and spend some time painting and writing in this magical place.

1 comment:

Twisted willow said...

A lovely bit of the coast, Suzi. And a great picture. Beach huts as so much part of the English seaside. We rented one when we lived in Worthing. It was much loved by my children.