Sunday, July 26, 2009

S.A.D.

photo at: www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/image_galleries/g..

S.A.D.

Boxed in and pressed on all sides.
Shrouded by cloud and padded by double glazing.
Gone is the wide open blue of endless possibility.
I pace and sleep, pace and sleep,
I wait and wait, wait and wait.

suzi



It has rained unrelentlessly all morning the day before I am due to start my walking holiday in The Yorkshire Dales and I have to admit it has dampened my spirits somewhat. The clouds are so low, dark and heavy you can almost feel them smothering you. If only one could take a spear and launch it heavenward to pierce the grey and allow a chink of bright blue to to cascade down and lift one upwards. We know it is there, that is the hope for tomorrow.

4 comments:

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Great ekphrasitc moment - Especially like the "double glazing". Thanks for the post.

John Atkinson said...

Great expression. Chink the clouds with a spear is visual. I felt the day the moment that was hard to breathe.
Please visit my blog. Best, John
http://www.atkinsontimekeeper.com/

James Owens said...

Hi, Suzi,

I liked the work you were doing here, and I check Wild Primrose now and then --- but it has been a long time ... how are you doing?

voixettemps@gmail.com

Twisted willow said...

Like James, I pop in from time to time. Hope you are well.