Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blue sky and sunny days

"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."

Thich NHat Hanh quotes (Vietnamese Monk, Activist and Writer. b.1926)


The sky has been so so blue all week and the sun has been shining. Colours are more vibrant, shimmering and buzzing in the heat. Energy levels are up and there is the sound of life at it's fullest everywhere.

I have been sitting in my favourite deckchair - a present from my friends when I left Connecticut - by the garden pond......and today saw the first waterlilies open. They are such peaceful and beautiful plants to meditate on.


Hope the sky is blue where you are too!

No comments: